Thursday, January 14, 2010

Winter Days

A while ago, I saw an easel at IKEA for a great price that I thought might be a good Christmas present for Ava & Carter. I ended up getting one, and then a week before Christmas, Ava told Mark she wanted an easel like Maisy (we love Maisy books and had just discovered a Maisy cartoon). I can never predict what new thing Ava is going to want from day to day, so I was pretty happy I'd picked something that I not only knew they'd both enjoy, but also that had been specifically asked for. It's been a huge hit.

Audrey becomes more expressive every day. Her face lights up when she recognizes us and her sweet laugh makes us all act crazy just to hear it. The other night after her bath she started clasping her hands and now grabs at anything within reach... Ava's learning the hard way how important it is to keep her hair away from those little hands. (obviously, she doesn't light up when the camera comes out)
Last week we got some snow and even though it was frigidly cold outside, Ava & Carter got to play outside for a while. It wasn't a good packing snow, so building anything was out of the question. They were left to making snow angels and eating snow, and I never knew snow tasted so good.




1 comment:

April Watson said...

Jack can be in the throes of giddiness and as soon as I pull out the camera he gets the most solemn look on his face! We rarely get pictures of him smiling. His dad was the same way, so he gets it honest I guess. Your littles are so sweet. Have fun in the snow!