Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Christmas Day Recap

The tree is down and all the decorations have been put away so we have room for all the new toys!

When we woke up on Christmas morning, we read the Christmas story (Audrey sleeps later than the other two most mornings - go figure. I don't think she minded that we let her sleep).

After Mark finished, he was trying to emphasize the gift God gave us in Jesus and how we also like to give each other gifts, but Ava kept interrupting and asking when she got to open her presents. Guess we'll have to keep working on that!

We were headed down to West Virginia for the day, so Ava & Carter only opened one present that morning (I purposely tried to pick things that would be good travel toys).
Carter LOVES Mater from the movie "Cars."

This has been a great way to encourage Ava to try writing letters. She loves this and is writing letters for fun! I'd tried to help her write more than just her name for a while, but she wasn't into it until now.

We had a quick breakfast and jumped in the car for the ride to see all the Buttons. The ride went well (Audrey's longest road trip to date).

Audrey gave lots of smiles to Uncle Paul.

Trains = Happy

Princess = Happy

We had an awesome time before packing everyone up and heading home. I expected Ava & Carter to fall quickly asleep after all the excitement and lack of naps, but they stayed awake the entire 2.5 hour trip home. Audrey was pretty hungry when we got home, but I really wanted to get a picture of her outfit:

Umm... maybe I should have waited until after I fed her. I saw this outfit and wanted to buy it for her because she really is such a happy girl. It finally went on clearance, so I snatched it up!

Audrey = Happy!

No comments: