Thursday, December 11, 2008

Moving Up!

This past Sunday was Ava's first in a real Sunday school class. She's too old for the nursery! When I picked her up, we had crafts and papers to bring home. I was so proud of her pipe cleaner candy canes and colored picture... and then immediately realized this would be coming every week. I'll have to tone down my pride so I'm able to throw away what I know will be amazing creations! Below is Ava with Miss Betsy, who watches the 2-year olds every Sunday morning. Ava has loved going to "Miss Betsy's house" every week to play with her friends. Around the time she started seeing Miss Betsy every week, we also added prayer time to our bedtime routine. At first, I would pray and ask Ava who she was thankful for, giving her suggestions like Daddy and Carter. Grandparents were added and one day she included Miss Betsy and has prayed for her every night since, and we'll keep praying for her as she recently and very unexpectedly lost her husband. It's hard to believe in another 7 months Carter will be in her class! My brother and I never really enjoyed having to play duets together on the piano. Perhaps they'll be more willing? Carter saw me eating with chopsticks and HAD to try it himself.
And, I work for a friend who sells electronics online (I do a lot of the shipping as well as some record-keeping and such). I had brought in a large box of units boxed up and Carter had a great time taking these out of the box and stacking them, then putting them back in the box. While I was making dinner, he and Ava decided they needed to be covering the steps (I love the poses I get every time I get out the camera).

No comments: